Python is a widely used general-purpose, high-level programming language. Its design philosophy emphasizes code readability, and its syntax allows programmers to express concepts in fewer lines of code than would be possible in languages such as C++ or Java. The language provides constructs intended to enable clear programs on both a small and large scale. Python supports multiple programming paradigms, including object-oriented, imperative and functional programming or procedural styles. It features a dynamic type system and automatic memory management and has a large and comprehensive standard library. Python interpreters are available for installation on many operating systems, allowing Python code execution on a wide variety of systems. This two day workshop aims to help participants gain practical knowledge of these.
- Introduction to python (Using PowerPoint Slides)
- Writing Simple Programs
- Discuss How Python Program runs
- Types and Operations in python
- Lists and Tuples
- Statements and Syntax
- Assignments, Expressions and Print Statements
- Conditional constructs
- Iterative Constructs
- Introduction to Functions and Lambda Forms
- Functions and Arguments and Scope
- List Comprehensions
- Understanding Modules in Python
- Module Packages
- package imports
Mixed usage modes
- Introduction to OO Programming in python
- Class coding basics
- OOP and Inheritance
- New Styled Classes
- Introduction to Exceptions
1 Projects will be covered.
- Python based user group management.